In the pursuit of reducing air borne bacteria in operating theatres, LAF system provides a controlled distribution of biologically clean air at the operating table, while reducing the risk of contamination from outside the clean zone. The following design characteristics are standard of the LAF System: Modular construction. Compact size to minimize ventilation plant capacity. […]
- Modular construction
- Unique design to deliver ultra clean air over the operating table downwards and outwards
- Minipleat HEPA / ULPA filters
- Gel filter seal
- Perforated stainless steel diffuser
- Central duct for operating table light stem
- Optional perimeter lighting
- Gasket seal option available
In the pursuit of reducing air borne bacteria in operating theatres, LAF system provides a controlled distribution of biologically clean air at the operating table, while reducing the risk of contamination from outside the clean zone.
The following design characteristics are standard of the LAF System:
- Modular construction. Compact size to minimize ventilation plant capacity.
- Minipleat high capacity low pressure loss HEPA filters (99.99% min efficiency on 0.3μm particles).
- Gel filter sealing.
- Perforated stainless steel diffuser engineered to achieve the required air flow distribution.
- Central duct for operating theatre light stem.
The following design characteristics are optional for the LAF System:
- 120mm HC Minipleat HEPA filters
- ULPA filters (99.9995% min efficiency on 0.12μm particles).
- Integrated perimeter lighting.
- Integrated return air grilles.
- Differential pressure gauge for HEPA filter condition monitoring.
- Customised design can be implemented for specific project work.
The following minimum standards apply to the LAF System:
- A maximum of 0.5 bacteria-carrying particles per cubic metre of air issuing from the final filters.
- Less than 10 bacteria-carrying particles per cubic metre of air within 300mm of the wound.
- Less than 20 bacteria-carrying particles per cubic metre of air in the 1.9m x 1.9m working area at table height (contamination of instruments and material within the sterile field will lead to wound contamination).
- The system provides a controlled distribution of ultra clean air vertically downward and outwards.
The CFD modelling diagram shows the uniform controlled air movement acheived through the LAF System. The various shading of air flow depicted in this CFD modelling shows the face velocity at the ceiling diffuser and demonstates the table height as being within the range of the DHS guidelines for the operating theatre ventilation systems. The air distribution moves downward and outwards from the table, providing a clean air zone by moving the air in a controlled and uniform fashion.
Our LAF System is constructed from high quality zinc seal steel with epoxy paint finish to ensure a hard wearing cleanable finish. The diffuser is manufactured from stainless steel sheet perforated and formed to assist with the airflow distribution.The disposable return air pre filter conforms to Australian Standard AS 1324.
|Dimension Clean Zone (nom)||1900 x 1900mm|
|Overall Size (nom)||2200 x 2200mm|
|Supply Air Volume||1500-1750L/S|
|Average face velocity at diffuser||0.38m/s|
The installation of the LAF System should take into consideration the unit mounting height, the ceiling height, the diffuser configuration and the quantity of conditioned air, the supply air temperature and the room construction. Correct installation of the system and the balancing of the supply and aid return air flow rates is important to ensure optimal performance.
Provide: 4 x 65mm Minipleat HEPA filters
Due to the critical nature of their end-use, Laminar Flow Grade filters are manufactured and tested in a segregated production area with its own Laminar Flow Grade air supply. Each filter is individually tested and inspected to ensure that it conforms to industry standards and meets or exceeds the expectations of the customer.