The Operating Room Management system Enables Staff to: Schedule Surgical Cases and Prevent Conflicts Your staff can use the integrated Scheduler’s Desktop to manage all aspects of operating room scheduling. Complete integration with Platform’s Community-wide Scheduling provides full conflict checking. For example, schedulers can simultaneously book preoperative appointments and surgical cases. Drag-and-drop functionality makes it […]
- Operating Room Video Source Integration
- (HDMI, SDI, VGA, DVI, TCP/IP, PACS)
- Video Routing
- Video Streaming
- Video Recording (USB, NAS, SAN)
- Surgical Light Control
- Video Conferencing
- BMS Control Panel
The Operating Room Management system Enables Staff to:
Schedule Surgical Cases and Prevent Conflicts
Your staff can use the integrated Scheduler’s Desktop to manage all aspects of operating room scheduling.
Complete integration with Platform’s Community-wide Scheduling provides full conflict checking. For example,
schedulers can simultaneously book preoperative appointments and surgical cases. Drag-and-drop functionality
makes it easy to move cases from one time slot to another.
From a single entry point, staff can:
- Enter, edit,swap, and reschedule patient appointments associated with surgical cases
- Schedule all resources and equipment for surgical cases
- Use block time scheduling for providers, provider groups, and specialties
- Access resource schedules for conflict checking by branching into Community-wide Scheduling
- Reorder patient cases for a particular time or date
- Admit and register patients
- Print patient surgical profiles and forms
- Check for scheduling conflicts regarding patient and physician schedules, as well as room and equipment availability.
Foster Communication among Surgical Teams via the Big Board
The on-line, interactive Big Board keeps clinicians informed of up-to-the-minute surgical activity for providers, provider
groups, and surgery types.Authorized staff can use the Big Board to view real-time information associated with each surgery, such as: patients, surgical personnel, case progression, patient risks/allergies, and laboratory results.
- Schedule surgical cases and identify scheduling and resource conflicts
- Foster communication and manage caseloads via the Big Board
- Create preference cards to meet surgical needs,streamline billing, and manage inventories
- Enter perioperative documentation at the point of care and generate documentation-driven charges in real time
- Generate comprehensive reports,such as operating lists, daily logs, and procedure counts
Surgical staff can use the Big Board to monitor the status of operative episodes and respond accordingly.
Integration with Platform’s Patient Care and Patient Safety solution eliminates redundant perioperative documentation.
For example, preoperative assessment information documented in the Patient Care and Patient Safety automatically flows to Operating Room Management in real time.
Use Preference Cards to Meet Surgical Needs, Streamline Billing, and Manage Inventory Your organization can create both generic and customized preference cards to meet the needs of specific surgeons and surgical procedures. For example, you can create a generic preference card for total hip replacement surgery and a customized preference card for a specific orthopedic surgeon. Preference cards can include the following:
- Special instructions
- Inventory items
- Medications and intakes.
Integration with Platform’s Revenue Cycle and Supply Chain Management solutions also streamlines the billing and supply chain processes. Clinicians can use bar code readers to scan all items as they are used, automatically depleting inventory and transmitting charges to billing. The automated flow of charges ensures accurate charging and minimizes lost revenue. In addition, preference cards help reduce the number of wasted materials and allow you to charge patients only for items used during the operative episode.
Document at the Point of Care
Clinicians can use both standard and customized surgical profiles to document entire operative episodes—preoperative,
operative, and postoperative—in real time. For example, clinicians can document the patient arrival time
in the operating room as well as the surgical cut and close times. Users can also document the instrument count
prior to and after the surgery.
Clinicians can also document the following:
- Medications and blood products used
- Invasive procedures
- Inventory items and implants used
- Operative notes
- Diagnoses and vital signs
- Equipment used
- Procedures performed
- ab specimens and cultures taken
- Surgical staff members.
In addition, clinicians can document the anesthesia the patient received during the operative process, as well as any complications that may have occurred during surgery. The Operating Room Management system updates the Electronic Health Record with perioperative documentation for permanent storage in the patient’s legal medical record. Documentation-driven charge capture maximizes reimbursements and increases biller productivity.
Clinicians can also use surgical profiles to document serial numbers,sizes,sites, and expiration dates of patient implants and explants.
The Platform system permanently stores implant and explant data in the surgical profile and the patient’s record. In the event of implant recalls or expirations, you can use this information to generate reports, which list the patients your organization must notify.
Generate Reports to Extract and Compile Meaningful Data
Care providers can use Platform’s extensive reporting and printing capabilities to extract and compile information for meaningful data analysis.You can generate reports to meet regulatory and The Joint Commission requirements or to simply analyze and compare organizational metrics.You can also use the standard Platform Report Designer to build and save customized reports, which compile data from the entire EHR in user-defined format.
The following are just a few of the standard reports available in the Operating Room Management system:
Reap the Benefits of Integration
Full integration of the Operating Room Management system with the Platform EHR streamlines surgical workflows and enables your healthcare organization to:
- Identify scheduling conflicts and insufficient resource allocations
- Capture required clinical information and perform conflict checks to provide safer care
- Track expired and recalled implants
- Maximize reimbursements and increases biller productivity via documentation-driven charge capture
- Decrement inventory, prevent waste, and reduce costs via integration with Supply Chain Management
- Eliminate the time and costs associated with interface maintenance and redundant documentation
- Permanently store surgical profiles in the patient’s record.